Where are you? Do you know what your FM is doing?

Wondering if folks would do the favor of checking in with their general location and tell whether or not the FM stations in their area make it worth investing in a truly fine tuner. Seems most market suffer from "compression-depression" these days.
4yanx
In Princeton, New Jersey. Between NYC and Phili. Tons of great choices. Especially WXPN the Univ. of Penn. Home of the World Cafe'.
Richmond, VA. The same stuff they were playing ten years ago. OK, maybe not quite that bad but bad enough. That plus it's heavily commercialized. No tuner on the main rig. Receiver in the garage for background noise. I have a steering wheel tuner in the car & am constantly clicking through it. Turn it off a lot too.
Eastern Long Island New York, Two good NPRs and a couple of college stations. Reception is sometimes tricky but worth it when I hit it right.
Coastal Oregon-- are you kidding? Although.......a college NPR station occasionally has some good blues programming, but not worth getting a good tuner for. We're more into salmon here: ). I do keep an old Adcom around for PAC 10 football games though. A high quality antenna is necessary for this, and I use an MD ST-82-- works great. Cheers. Craig
Los Angeles has the best public station in the nation IMHO. KCRW has a great morning show till noon of mostly new rock with live in stuido guest 3-4 times a week. I'v heard neil young, elvis costello, coldplay and many others. Weekends also have many music shows too. Check it out @ kcrw.org Jon