Digitally remastered vinyl?

I've noticed a quite a few jazz titles on vinyl which claim to be "digitally remastered", as if that is something good. These titles usually came out in the early eighties. As a vinyl nut, would I really want an LP where the music went through an A to D and then D to A conversion using eighties technology? Were the pro's using 24/96 or better back then? How do these remasters sound?
gboren
Post removed 
Viridian's got it pegged. They sound like 12 inch CDs. Not exactly what I am looking for.
Anyone who thinks such LPs sound like CDs cannot have listened to one. A vinyl LP of a digital master is going to have all the sonic quirks of vinyl--good and bad. These recordings were presumably digitally remastered in the course of producing CDs. Because they're remastered, they might well sound very different from the original LP versions. (And if the remastering didn't properly take into account the sonic limitations of vinyl, they could sound wetched.) But that's because they were remastered, not because the new master was digital.