CD vs. SACD vs. DVD-Audio vs Vinyl vs...

Which format do you like the most, or find to be the closest to the original master tapes? Or, if you attend live concerts (or play and instrument), which format do you prefer and why?
wenterprisesnw
Hi Redkiwi; I'm surprised to hear that you did not like Vibrapods-- in fact, yours is the first negative report I've heard. On my 1st order to Audio Advisor, I ordered just two sets because I just wanted to try them out. Well, AA screwed up the order and sent me a set of #1s, and a set of #2s-- I had ordered #2s and #3s. The only component I had that was light enough for the #1s was a Sonic Frontiers Jitter Bug, that was sitting on top of my Muse M-2 DAC (a temporary thing). Anyway, I put the Vibrapods under the Jitterbug, and under the DAC, then fired up my system and could hardly believe the improvement in detail/clarity of music. I obviously had a significant vibration problem between these two components. Anyway, based on that experience I got really enthusiastic about Vibrapods and put them under everything. I noticed a further slight improvement with them under my Line 2 pre-amp, but beyond that I could not actually identify an improvement by putting them under other components. I had heard of the inner tube technique but didn't have room for them under the UJB and DAC.
Hi Garfish, Carl, sorry if I can't act on every suggestion but I do value your opinion and am impressed with your experience with so many products. I am most interested in The Harmonic Tech. coax. I am also curious about the Truthlink. I need something that leans toward forgiving. Garfish, there seems to be conflicting opinions regarding Vibrapods, I would most likely want to try something under my DVD player first, CD player second. Carl, Are AQ little feet expensive?
Hi Bmp; I've read literally dozens of positive reviews or comments on Vibrapods, and you'll note that Redkiwi (above) admitted they were "good" under some components. He did not like them under "his" speakers. I did see a magazine review where the reviewer put them under his large speakers to good effect (as I have carpet, I have not tried them under my big 3A speakers). I've not tried Audioquest Little feet (they also make big feet), but I think they work on a similar principle to Vibrapods, and I wouldn't hesitate to use them. They have been well reviwed. I also like Vibrapods because they are relatively flat and don't take up much space under a component. They come in five different weight bearing capacities, so you have to use the ones that best match the weitht of you components. At $24. bucks for a set of four, if you don't like them under your equipment, you could put them under a potted plant and smile:) Happy listening.
The AQ little and big feet were made with Sorbothane (a Dupont invention, I think). Now they're made with a gel that might be related to Sorbothane. I've not heard those latest ones. The little feet made an incredible improvement between many different monitor speakers, and sand-filled stands (especially on suspended wood floors). I don't use them under my other components, because there wasn't significant improvement. I attribute this to their higher mass, and being less affected by vibration. The HT Truthlink would definitely be better suited than the Silway. If you want something even cheaper, try the Straightwire Encore. It's as neutral as any interconnect, just not as hi'rez or low in distortion as the more expensive ones. It worked perfectly with my Panasonic DVD player. DOES ANYBODY LIKE THE ORIGINAL BEDINI CLARIFIER??? I'm trying one right now...