What are your thoughts on the Dragon tape deck?

Anyone out there with experience good or bad on the Nakamichi Dragon? Is it really that good? Thanks, Steve
Speaking of investing and Nak decks, let's go back a few years... I've got a 582, which was top of the line in 1980, that I've been nursing along all these years. It has 3 heads, adjustable azimuth, etc. Sent back to Nak 3x, and the third they didn't fix it right. I'd still like functionality in the casette medium.

Can anyone offer experience on how the 582 compares to these other (newer) decks?

I figure getting it fixed might cost me $100, whereas buying a used newer version would cost more. Sorry if this is an intrusion, I figure there are only a few people these days versed in the world of Nak's!
I agree with the positive sonic assessments above. It is a great sounding deck. My only negative comment about it was I found it didn't "like" a few cassettes that I had. By this I mean these cassettes would run a tiny bit slower than they should. I had my Dragon thoroughly checked by 2 different technicians before I sold it and it checked out in perfect condition. However, these cassettes ran fine in 2 other decks I had.
Peter,

I have heard other stories on Nak's service, send your deck to Jeffrey at www.eslabs.com or Steven Sank at http://stephensank.com; these guys will get it right the first time and have it better than new.
Hi Peter,
I used to own the 582 WAY back in 1980. I loved that deck and it made great sounding tapes that I still play in my car! It kept breaking down, however, and finally bit the dust several years ago. I couldn't throw it out, however. It gave real pleasure while it was working. So it now lies at rest in my friend's garage, I guess waiting on a nephew or great-grandchild or somebody who wants it and knows how to repair it. My CR-7A and Dragon did not ever break down. I have them serviced by a local hi fi shop that services vintage gear. I guess they could fix the 582 also, but I think it needs new heads and capstans and everything by now, so it wouldn't be worth it.
Besides the above, some of the Revox and Studer decks are also amazing and compete with the Dragons and Tandbergs (and may be cheaper than the Dragons too).