My first impression of the Nordost Valhallas.

I just received the shipment of Valhalla cables (interconnects and speaker cables)from the Cable company to audition these cables.
I am still waiting for a few other cables, which I plan to compare against the Valhallas. I will report these findings next week.
But my first impression of the Valhallas was gigantic. The best of the best!! I cannot believe that people are out there bashing these cables. Please let us not get into an argument about there price here.
Its like saying a Porsche is an inferior car because it is so expensive.
Its another story if this amount of money is justified for any cable, but this cables are just awesome. I am sure you know by now, that Endlish is not my mother tongue, so I am lacking some of the vocabulary to describe these cables. But I tell you that this is a league of cables, where only a few other cables have a chance to follow. I can only advise anybody to try to borrow these cables from the Cable company and hear with his own ears, how magnificient these cables are.
I have nothing else to say, but once I have compared the Valhallas to the rest of the cables I am getting in, I will post another thread here.
tekunda
I have heard 2 comments on these cables, over & over:
1. They sound excellent, great, better than anything else..
2. They are prohibitally expensive for the (average?) audiophile.

I have a simple rule when it comes to cables. It is my "Prime Directive":

I WON'T PAY MORE FOR A CABLE OR INTERCONNECT,THAN I PAYED FOR THE COMPONENT I'LL BE USING IT WITH.

I also want to mention I buy almost all my equipment used or demo, from local dealers or friends.

I believe if a larger percentage of audiophiles would just adopt this policy, cable prices would simply drop to what the market would bear.

This is America! If you want to pay $3300.00 for one pair of single ended interconnect, do it! But please take very good care of it, I'll want to buy it for a realistic (10-20% of retail) price in a year or two when the next "Cable of the Year" eclipses it in the High-End press.

Yes, I do own XLO, Ixos, MIT, Nordost Flatline, Monster, Straightwire & Illuminati, all bought used or demo, except my Ixos speaker cable, purchased at retail because it's
reasonable & sounds better than anything at the price point.
It's Miller time..
adsal and greg, i have been reviewing my correspondence with Kharma and from what Charles van Oosterum wrote the Enigma cable is not yet on the market or even priced. this info is within the last month. i don't pretend to know the facts on this issue but your information is in conflict with what i have heard from the Kharma owner, Mr. van Oosterum. very curious.

the name "Enigma" is used by Kharma (www.kharma.com) because in 1992 Mr. van Oosterum built a $1m custom speaker system called the "Grand Enigma". at this time there is no info on the Kharma web site regarding the "Enigma" cable. if you look at the Siltech site and look at the G5 line i assume there will be similarities (but i don't know this for sure).
Tekunda: no, unfortunately! Mike, thanks, I'll check this out with dealers. I heard about the Siltech engineer setting up shop alone (i.e. not w/ Kharma) and purportedly calling his cables "Enigma", a few months ago.

Sorry for the confusion, I should have qualified my info above as a "rumour".

Cheers!
Danielk141, if you buy a $40K joule electra tube amp or similar mated to $40K -$80K of Wilson speakers etc. then the valhallahs are only 20% - 10% of the price of the components. Easily within your rule.