Good moving magnet or cheap moving coil

I want to buy a new cartridge to replace the Sumiko BPS in my LP12.Although the BPS is a moving coil it never had any magic in my system.Rather thin sounding with woolly base.
Should I go with a good moving magnet (such as the clearaudio aurum beta) or another high output moving coil(which one?). Budget is about $600 tops.
rrm
Dollar for dollar, I would go with the Shure V15xMR. No snob appeal, just a great cartridge.
No one mentioned this, but the real answer would be, "It depends on what kind of phono preamp you have". If it can't drive an MC cartridge, you should buy an MM or a high-output MC (or spend even more money and buy a new phono pre too).

Benz Micro Gliders (with a choice of different outputs...the high output models work with MM phono a pre) and available used for much less than $600. I used one on my Linn for awhile and it was a great match.
I heartily agree with Twl. Denon DL 103D is available from Dnon USA for $229 plus $5 shipping. A classic that has survived, and deservedly so, IHMO. I'm on my second, decades after the first, and very happy with it. Output is about .3 mV, though. Enough for you?
Definitely the Dynavector 10X4 for $350 or the 20X-H for $525 (not $600 as has been stated in a previous post)

In my experience there is no better cartridge in this price range than the 20X-H, and the 10X-4 is quite good for the money too. We always recommend them to our customers when looking for cartridges at or under $500.
If you enough gain the ortofon kontrapunkts are a great match for the Ittok$585 here on A gon. The Denon 103 maybe too low output for your system. Also, they are very low compliance artridges, with the 103D being somewhat higher spec. This means the resonance frequency maybe an issue in the Ittok. With the small signal levels involved in cartridges, these are important considerations.