Good moving magnet or cheap moving coil

I want to buy a new cartridge to replace the Sumiko BPS in my LP12.Although the BPS is a moving coil it never had any magic in my system.Rather thin sounding with woolly base.
Should I go with a good moving magnet (such as the clearaudio aurum beta) or another high output moving coil(which one?). Budget is about $600 tops.
rrm
What kind of arm is on the Linn? If it is an Ekos or Ittok, you can use a Denon DL103 MC cart(low output) that will blow the BPS out of the water. If you have some other arm, then the Dynavector 10x4 MkII is a very good high output MC that will work with most arms, and should sound alot better than the BPS also.
for $600 you can get dynavector 20xH high output moving coil and there you shall see the differences i bet ya.

in this price point this cartridge is unbeatable.
Dollar for dollar, I would go with the Shure V15xMR. No snob appeal, just a great cartridge.
No one mentioned this, but the real answer would be, "It depends on what kind of phono preamp you have". If it can't drive an MC cartridge, you should buy an MM or a high-output MC (or spend even more money and buy a new phono pre too).

Benz Micro Gliders (with a choice of different outputs...the high output models work with MM phono a pre) and available used for much less than $600. I used one on my Linn for awhile and it was a great match.
I heartily agree with Twl. Denon DL 103D is available from Dnon USA for $229 plus $5 shipping. A classic that has survived, and deservedly so, IHMO. I'm on my second, decades after the first, and very happy with it. Output is about .3 mV, though. Enough for you?