Where should the Whale Elite rest?

I found that to plug the BMI Whale Elite into the power conditioner got the biggest improvement. I did try it on the CDP, Pre and Power. However, the biggest sonic improvement is from the power conditioner, then the pre. I don't know why? Any comments?
myliang
Once you clean up the power to the power conditioner. Then everything down line is getting cleaner power. Assuming all your gear is plugged into the power conditioner.
Glen
I have 3 Whales and currently not using a power conditioner. But talkig with other Whale owners who are using power conditioners they had great results. It seems like the Whale thrives on high current such as a big amp or power conditioner if you have the bulk of your system plugged into it. I personally have greatest improvements on the 1st preamp & 2nd power amp and then the dac.
Glen and Rev joe, good answers. My biggest improvement is with my transport. I do not use a power conditioner presently.
I have two Whales, one on my transport and another on my MPS power supply feeding my dac / jitter filter. IMS, the transport is the most critical, then MPS, finally amp. Oh yeah the PLC, I'm using the Shunyata Hydra w/the Sidewinder. It uses a twist-lok connector so experimenting is not possible. I'm sure the Whale would work there as well. MikE