Anyone tried Voodoo or TG Audio PCs?

Everyone here seems to rave on the BMI Whale Elite powercords. But at $400+/cord, it is a bit hard to swallow for me to buy 5 cords. I've noticed two other PCs for around $200 -$250. One is the Voodoo Mana, and the other is the TG Audio HSR-i. Has anyone tried these cords? Is the Whale Elite that much better that it is worth $400?

My system consists of:
digital source: Mark Levinson #37 (transport) + Genesis Digital Lens + Sonic Frontier SFD2 MkII (D/A)
analog source: Michell Orbe SE + SME V + Benz cartridge
phone stage: ARC PH3 SE (detachable PC)
preamp: ARC LS-2B MkII (no detachable PC)
amp: Mark Levinson #333 (no detachable PC)
The digital fronts and the preamp are running through a PS Audio P300 with 2 Synergistic Master Coupler and 1 Marigo PCs. The P300 is plugged into the wall through a MIT Z-Cord I. I've just started setting up my analog rig, so I've been looking for a powercord for my phono stage, one to replace the Z-cord, and if I noticed that much of a difference, replace those on the digital front.

Any suggestion on how to proceed from here would be gratly appreciated too. Maybe a comgination of various PCs?
gundam91
J_thunders, you are right. I read those and thought someone probably made them up. I checked out their website and noticed that they are located here in San Francisco Bay Area, and have sent them an e-mail asking if they would be interested in presenting their products to the Bay Area Audiophile Society at one of the meetings. Or better yet, bring their PCs so we can have a listening test with other PCs, and have our golden ear reviewers review them. Haven't heard back from Voodoo, let's wait and see if they will accept the challange.
Gundam, I too emailed them requesting info., nothing as of yet. So you're in the bay area huh? Where were you for the big power cord challenge thread? It all ended with no takers on a pot that had potential. You seem like the kind of guy we needed.
I have tried a HSR-i on both my integrated and CDP and I found they were great cords. I had them on loan for a short time from TG Audio (Bob). They greatly improved the bass, it was more taut and defined but also deeper. Resolution and dynamics were greatly improved as well. Background seemed more quiet too. Basically all the typical things a good power cord does and they seem to do things very well. Tonally they didn't seem to be neither bright nor warm, they didn't impart any sort of coloration, just clean and neutral. They were built very well and looked great too. I highly recommend them.
I have three different versions of Bob Crump's TG Audio HSR power cords with multiples of each. These are spread out between several different systems. There is the HSRi, which is the single run version. This works well for sources, preamps and low to medium current draw amplifiers. Then there is the HSRi Squared, which is the heavy duty double run version. Good for a long run or for amplifiers that "grunt & growl". Then there is the HSRi with either the built in or stand alone "Linesucker". These work best on digital sources, such as transports, DAC's, CD / DVD's, etc... As such, all of these are "reasonably" priced as far as "esoteric" power cords go. As Figuy mentioned, Bob is a nice guy, easy to contact, not hard to get along with and stands behind his product. What more could you ask for out of a businessman ???

Sonically, these are in the "quick, clean & detailed" department. While they do have a low noise floor, i would not say that they have the "blackest of backgrounds". In a direct comparison, i found the Luxor brand of cables ( Top Guns, 11's, etc..) to sound MUCH "blacker". At the same time, they were also slower, lacking in pace and seemed noticeably "warm" and even "dark" in terms of tonal balance. On the other hand, the HSR's seemed to sound more even throughout the frequency range and drew me into the music more. Which one works best is obviously system dependent though. Other than that, i have not checked out any of the VooDoo cords. I do have to admit, the name might sum it all up though : ) Sean
>
Just one more example in a long line of many why I consider member Sean to be my personal hifi assistant! Now, isn't there a guy that sells Bob Crump power cords for cheap cheap cheap with proceeds going to charity or some such? I know I've been to the website, and are they the same as the above-mentioned TG Audio cords?