Do Audioquest Anacondas really make a difference?

1. Do they really make a difference?
2. Are they really worth the money? (US$475)
iujona
Upgraded from Python to Anaconda. Same tonal balance but the Anacondas had the detail that was missing from the Pythons. Dollar wise the Anacondas cost about 10% of the two components they are connecting.

Perhaps only in your pocketbook...unless you have deep pockets and your wad is burning a hole in it!

Audioquest spends BIG bucks on advertising and we are paying for it. I've been very happy with Coincident cables out of Canada - excellent quality and affordable. They don't come up used very often but buying new is cheaper than buying a used Anaconda.

Happy listening!
I'll echo Robo300 here in saying that I think the Stereophile review is accurate. I used the Anacondas for several months before deciding they didn't let through the nth level of detail that I like to hear. Personally, I decided to go with silver after I had an opportunity to audition the AQ Amazons (which provided more detail, but were outside the realm of my budget).

Essentially, you need to try a variety of cables and decide what works for you. You could go to your local dealer and see if it provides loaner cables for audition. Additionally, you could try out several of the "boutique" cable makers which offer much fairer pricing (IMO)--and have audition policies. This is the road I took, and I'm very happy. I much prefer the cables I use now (smoother highs and better detail) to the Anacondas.

My system:
Ft Audio LW-1>Odyssey DM>Nht vt-1.4.
Connections via Ridge Street Audio Midnight ICs and SCs.