tuners under 1000?

I'm new to the tuner game, mostly because I hate listening to commercials. I also didn't realize how good radio sounds coming through a high end system until recently.

Can anyone suggest a good tuner under $1000? It would be nice to find a tube tuner, since the rest of my system is tube. Any suggestions?
kt_88
Must be something to it then. When I posted my response there were no others.
Proton AT670 if you can find one. I have one in my bedroom system that I think sounds every bit as good as my Magnum Dynalab Etude, and offers more features, though the Etude tunes easier. Both sound great.
Hey I got some good advice, BTW no one mentioned Kenwood which is recomended by one of the websites above as " the best " I have been looking at tuners on ebay as well as audiogon, and so far from the pics they all have a toaster cord for a power cord. Are all tuners this way?

thanks for the advice.
Kenwoods can be good. Kt 88, the vintage tuners do have the toaster cords. The best mods include an update to an IEC cord so one can use the "hose" of their choice. You are right,it does make a diff.
Power cords are a new thing (1990s). Most old gear of any type has a toaster cord. I have a simple Kenwood T6500 in one system. These can be had for around $50/$60. Sounds much better than most under $400 digital tuners.