Where do you start your cable upgrade?

Just looking for opinions from those who have or are in process of interconnect, speaker cable, power cord upgrades. Between what components is the best place to start and then the sequence to finish.
jhardy
interconnect from source to preamp or amp section, then pre to power, then speaker cable, the cord.
i agree with lafish. the only suggestion i would add is experimenting with differnt combinations with the interconnects.

i have gotten so much better results with different ic's than all the same type.

i.e. xlo signiture II betwenn cd to pre ( this is a very revealng fast cable - big images and incredible bass)

caardas hexlink / golden cross- between pre to amp. the cardas adds body and bloom.

when i ttried all xlo - too thin and bright ( too fast) and when i tried all cardas - total loss of detail and too much bloom and loss of image specifcity (too slow)

take home as many different pieces of interconnects as the local shop will let you and experiment.once you get your interconnects locked in, you can deciede if you want to move forward with speaker cable.

good luck !!

mike

BTW,

here is a good site to check out. oscar sheds some insight in cable design and cable interactions

http://www.high-endaudio.com/rec.html#List