all or nothing

i am a new hi-fi nut. i am putting together a system and was wondering whether i can mix or match interconnects. i don't have the money to buy to buy decent interconnects all at the same time and i rarely see many of the same used cables for sale. does it hurt the sound and balance of the system if i use different interconnects for my different components? this includes speakers. thanks in advance for your replies.
hoppr
I have B&W speakers as well, and found that Harmonic Technology interconnects have excellent compatability.
Truthlinks are an excellent value for the money, and can be had for $150-$160 at Audiogon if you keep checking the ads.
Yes, I would also say, as Bmpnyc has pointed out, that Harmonic Technology ic's would be an excellent bet for you. They are often to be had at Audiogon at mostly fair prices. Regards,
Before spending huge sums on high quality cables, look into the DIY options if you are not intimidated by the process. There are well regarded speaker and IC cable "plans" available on the web. Look at tnt-audio.com and http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/cables/ as a start.