vpi jmw tonarm rust yes rust

I just love the fact that my new vpi scout's tonearm is starting to rust. I thought it was aluminum. Either way this is rediculous for a product with it's reputation. If I had a digital camera I'd post some pics.
128x128toddwj
Good to hear! Just out of curiosity what was wrong with your arm. It wasn't rusting was it?
Todd, your going to make me want to coat my Scout in Cosmoline when not in use :0)~
No, no rust. I had one of the first JWM 10 arms they sold. When they offered an upgrade I put it on the arm but the sound became very hard. Needless to say I was not happy. I wished I had left well enough alone. I called VPI and talked with Mike. He had me send the arm to him and he checked it out and sent it back to me. It still didn't sound right. I called Mike again and he said they would ship me a new one. I sent back the old one again. They took the cart. off and mounted it on a new arm and sent it to me. All was then fine. I couldn't ask for anything better. As I've said in ealier posts you couldn't find a better company.
It's good to hear all of these positive stories from people who have had issues with their VPI products. I am most likley going to send the arm back to them to have them refinish it.
Black Flag..............no, no...............Jones Ant Killer sounds way better : )