vpi jmw tonarm rust yes rust

I just love the fact that my new vpi scout's tonearm is starting to rust. I thought it was aluminum. Either way this is rediculous for a product with it's reputation. If I had a digital camera I'd post some pics.
128x128toddwj

Showing 6 responses by loki1957

why don't you call VPI, they will make it right, they are an excellent company and totally stand behind their product, you should have done that first rather than blasting them here
I think the first course of action would be to contact the manufacter or your dealer. I have had two problems with their products and in both cases they replaced the item(a TNT fly wheel and a JMW 10 tone arm).If you don't get any help from them then I might try to find out if anybody else had similar problems. As far as slaming Toddwj I took his post as a slam of VPI.
The web site says the arm is stainless steel. Again I suggest calling VPI. They are very very helpful.
Toddwj, I sent back an out board flywheel because it started making noise. They replaced it no questions asked. I also had a problem with my JWM 10 arm and they repaced that as well no questions asked. In my experience they is no better audio company.
No, no rust. I had one of the first JWM 10 arms they sold. When they offered an upgrade I put it on the arm but the sound became very hard. Needless to say I was not happy. I wished I had left well enough alone. I called VPI and talked with Mike. He had me send the arm to him and he checked it out and sent it back to me. It still didn't sound right. I called Mike again and he said they would ship me a new one. I sent back the old one again. They took the cart. off and mounted it on a new arm and sent it to me. All was then fine. I couldn't ask for anything better. As I've said in ealier posts you couldn't find a better company.