Best all-around cartridge for 500.00 new

I just purchased a Rega P25/RB600 and am shopping for a worthy cartridge. I listen to almost anything and spread my listening time among most genres about evenly. I've only got a few dollars left to spend and want to get the best all-around cartridge available. Any thoughts on the Grado Sonata or am I just asking for trouble with hum?
allison2
I can make no comparisons, but be aware of the Dynavector DV-20x (the high output model (2.5mv) will more likely be hum free.) They are $525 in the states; I bought mine from originlive in England for ~$370, total. Going to past the US importer, however has been reported to possibly negate the warranty. My guess is that you could easily get around it if it is a problem, but i think you should know that, just in case. More experienced cartridge (and DV with P25) users are easily found on audioasylum.com. Good luck
the rega/dynavector combo is truly a wonderful pairing. either the 10x4 mk2 or the DV-20 high output, which is a little more expensive.

grado/rega have the notorious hum problem. (sometimes)
I would buy a VTA base if your Rega arm uses spacers.And spend the rest of the money on a Shure V15VxMR. Some are finding that the spacers work ok for them, or find they need no spacers at all, but adjustments in VTA that you can hardly see make a difference.The spacer thing is stone age VTA tech. I bet the Dynavector is very good as they have been making great cartridges for years, but this will sound great too and you can really get the angle correct for once. The Grados are wonderful too but can't match the tracking of the Shure and ARE prone to hum in many tables.You will never really know if you have ANY cartridge set up to it's full potential without the VTA base.
I too vote for Dynavector 20XL if your phono can drive it. If your phono can't drive it you can get 20XH. They're great rock-n-roll and fussion cartridges.
Grado most-likely will hum on Rega.
A fellow Audiogonian told me that Denon DL 103D's, a classic of yesteryear, are still available, and at only $229 plus $5 shipping. I had one decades ago and loved it, but of course your phono stage would have to work with a roughly .3mv MC. If you're interested, the only way I know to contact Denon is by telephone: 310-974-1010. It takes a while to reach a human being, but once you do, they're polite and helpful.

I've ordered one for a Rega 25 system but don't have it yet. Grados used to hum with Rega tables--has that changed?