Record cleaning vs Last Record Preservative

I recently purchased a record cleaning machine and am frustrated. Am using RRL super cleaner and regular fluid, and I am finding that my records are sounding noisier. What is going on here? Will the Last preservative fill in any little pits and scratches and reduce surface noise? Or will the needle eventually just clean the rest of the junk out of the groove with play? I am using new clean brushes and such. On used records, I have been cleaning three times and vacumning with the super cleaner, then repeating with 3 rinses with regular cleaner and vacumn.

Thanks!

R.
red2
If your records get noisier after cleaning, something is obviously wrong.

Is there increased static electricity? If so, a product as cheap and benign as Gruv Glide could really help out.

If not static, look at your cleaning regimen. Several folks over at the Vinyl Asylum positively swear by the combination of RRL fluid and DiscDoctor brushes. I have DiscDoctor brushes and fluid, no vacuum, and they work fantastically well. There is something about the specific nap and handle on those brushes, they really do work great.

Remember, the vacuum just speeds up the drying process, for convenience. Also make sure the vacuum nozzle isn't gunking up the equation.

Best of luck.
i have a huge dark brown bottle of last presevative which
smells like a petroleum-dirivative. once upon a time, i put it on a few alblums (following directions as best as i could) and after playing ONE SIDE of the record i had to clean a black tarry clump from the stylus. fortunately, you can get the "last" stuff off by normal record cleaning (i use vpi's
which is probably just purified water with a drop or two of
a wetting agent added). i know a little about the theory that there's a layer of something-or-other on the surface of new records that the "last" may be removing, but i prefer to leave my stylus alone as much as possible, as i'm not the most coordinated person in the world. in my experience the normal one-shot record cleaning that i do on a nitty-gritty
works very well, but i manually scrub the vpi solution around in the direction of the grooves- first clockwise, then counterclockwise, with a nice brush which matches the width of the record playing surface. it definitely gets 95% of the dirt out- after that i learn to live with whatever noise is left- the music usually sounds really great anyway.