SHUNYATA BLK MAMBA or WHALE ELITE?

WANTING TO STEP UP IN AC CABLE. WHATS THE OPINION ON THE BLACK MAMBA VS THE WHALE ELITE? SEE THE WHALES ON AUCTION BUT HAVENT HEARD OR READ ANY INFO ON THEIR PERFORMANCE.
rcreations
Actually, you're comparing two cables in different leagues from each other. I've had the pleasure of owning both cords. The Black Mamba is a very good cord rendering an improved bass response, lower background noise which allows you to hear more detail. It puts an 'air' around instruments and vocals. It virtually improves every aspect of the music spectrum. On the other hand, the BMI Whale is much more dynamic than the Black Mamba. It takes all of the fine attributes of the Shunyata cord and improves on each one. The Whale Elite sounds like a refinded King Cobra in my system. For the price, it's a tremendous bargain. I highly recommend both cords but the Whale definately outshines the Black Mamba many times over. BTW...the BMI Eel more closely matches the Black Mamba. Hope this helps!
I have written about the Whale vs. a number of very high end cords on a post called "the winter lessons". This in my opinion is the best value in audio, please see my post. J.D.
Both Jaguar and Jadem6 are correct. I have a few WHALEs and find that they are a true bargain in hi-end power cables. The mamba and viper, electraglide compare to the Eel cable that BMI manufactures. The Whale competes with the Fatboy, King cobra and NBS statement. I had all 3 cables in the past and sold them once I heard the Whale. The Whale outperforms these very expensive cables for about a quarter of the price and saved a lot of money. Kudos to BMI and the Whale. I've gave a number of feedbacks in forums on this great product. Just check earlier forums in the cables.