Absolute top tier DAC for standard res Redbook CD

Hi All.

Putting together a reference level system.
My Source is predominantly standard 16/44 played from a MacMini using iTunes and Amarra. Some of my music is purchased from iTunes and the rest is ripped from standard CD's.
For my tastes in music, my high def catalogues are still limited; so Redbook 16/44 will be my primary source for quite some time.

I'm not spending DCS or MSB money. But $15-20k retail is not out of the question.

Upsampling vs non-upsampling?
USB input vs SPDIF?

All opinions welcome.

And I know I need to hear them, but getting these ultra $$$ DAC's into your house for an audition ain't easy.

Looking for musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension. Not looking for analytical and sterile.
mattnshilp
Because the price was right. I sounds a bit better in the mids than my Krell. It works perfectly in my new Vandy Treo, Ayre system. I'd have to pay a ton more for Ayre, which would work great with my stuff, but it only has USB input and I use three digital inputs already. I LOVE the Ayre when I've heard it in a few different systems. If you heard what the Ayre gear sounded like on Vandy 3a's, you'd probably love what you heard. I think digital is changing rapidly, but I could live with what the Ayre does for years and years I'm sure. I have decided to take the money from selling off my gear and put it into vinyl I think. I have so much great music that needs to be cleaned and then played to be enjoyed.
Update:
Lampizator Big6 due to arrive 5/27
Rowland Aeris due to arrive 5/29 - I bought one on the 'gon instead of borrowing one. Price was too good to pass up.
PS Audio DirectStream due to ship 6/2
Accustic Arts DAC to arrive 6/4
OverDrive SE will ship 6/2, Hopefully to arrive by end of that week.

So all should be in house by 6/6.

I also have an offer for someone to bring over a Meitner MA1.

I will call Audio Connection Monday.
sorry for the late reply, I'm still on approval mode for my posts so it's easy to get distracted. I tube rolled the L4 lampi but not the big7. I did use the off ramp with the L4 and didn't notice a difference, or at least a 1500$ difference. So i sold it. But now regret it because my system has changed and I'd like to give it another chance with the Big 7 and my low watt and higher efficiency set up.
Hi Matt,

It looks like you have some very nice DACs coming for audition. Maybe you'd consider adding another one in the mix? DSD-S

Best wishes,
Alex Peychev
APL Hi-Fi
@ Mattnshilp, wow!, This may turn out to be one of the most important imformative threads I have seen in digital in a long time, Keep us posted, cheers.