RCA vs XLR

I was told by a dealer that RCA connections will tend to sound more 3 dimensional that XLR. Currently I am running everything balanced. Does anyone have an opinion and have you experimented with both formats?
128x128jeffmazen
I'm generalizing,but most equipment only sounds best if you are balanced from source to amp.This refers to true balanced operation. Some pieces have bal,in or out for convience only.
Elgordo is right. Find a new dealer. What a joke...............................
"RCA connections will tend to sound more 3 dimensional that XLR".
I will put this on the top 10 list of the dumbest things we've ever heard a dealer say.
If people wonder why so many (hifi) consumers are so confused there is a prime example (dumb dishonest & usually disorganized dealers).
Yes, Avguygeorge, we find that TRUE balance usually (not always) sounds best, but many components aren't balanced, they just have XLR's (FYI for Jeffmazen).
Yeah, right. RCAs sound better than XLRs. That one ranks right up there with Pioneer's claim in the late 70s that their engineers had developed a tonearm that was lighter in weight but higher in mass. Maybe all the recording studios and broadcasting facilities in the world have missed the boat, and should immediately switch to using RCA connectors on all their cables. Now we finally know why recordings never, ever really sound like live music. It's those damned XLR connectors on the microphone cables.