VPI Scout JMW 9 owners help needed

I just noticed my JMW9 tungsten carbide tip can be moved up and down by 1/4" or so when I pulled on it. It doesn't come out completely, but is that normal?

And how straight is your tungsten carbide tip? I can see my tip slightly bended with magnifier and this table only has 5 hours on it.
semi
Is it just the tip, or the wider base it is set in. The base on the tower has a knurled ring at the bottom for adjusting VTA, if any of the two set screws on the base are loose, there could be some play up and down of the entire tower. As for the bent tip, that's not right. It should not be bent at all. Is your magnifying glass of high quality? Is it possible that what you are seeing as "bent" isn't caused by distortion through the glass?
I've worried about bending mine from having to crank down so hard on the counter weight to tighten it when adjusting vtf, has anyone else worried about this, or am i just being anal.
No, it's crossed my mind as well, that's one of the reasons I've decided to have someone else align my cart.
You should not have to crank down hard on the set screw to tighten up the counterweight. Hold the counterweight between the thumb and forefinger, use the supplied wrench and turn until you feel resistance. The counterweight will be secure.

Even if you are applying "force" to it, if the armwand is seated properly (tungstan tip in the bearing cup of the arm), you won't bend the tip. If you do bend it, or if you have a bent one, it needs to be addressed as the arm will never track properly like that.