Shunyata Hydra

Anyone been using this? I've got one on order but was wondering how it compares to other highly regarded power conditioners. i know it is not a power conditioner per say but it does improve the power coming out of it. I still plan to hook amps to direct wall outlet. What changes have you experienced?
esylsten
You both need to bone up on your English comprehension.

I take it that I'm not incorrect in my statements regarding SofS selling the Hydras?

By Samuel's admission, I've not said anything 'openly' offensive towards SofS and Stewart. I surmised that the dealer 'pushing' the Hydras was probably him, due to the fact that during some of my conversations with Stewart (prior to buying my EMC-1 from him a year ago last November,) he stated that he was selling them (EMC-1) like hotcakes to the 'wealthy boys from Redmond' read--Micro Soft execs. He also specifically stated, during one conversation, that he had just sold one MS exec. $26,000 worth of CABLES that day. Money to burn? Naw, they're paupers. He also mentioned his experience with Shunyata, just as they were becoming popular. I don't doubt his AC cord knowledge on bit.

I don't begrudge Stewart anything, but he seems to be fortunate to have a nice 'cash cow' so close by. How many Hi End stores do you see driving through the ghetto area? And it's not because the people living there don't like their hi fi.

That being said and moving on to my use of the term 'pushing,' I think I'll let it stand. There are too many products around to carry everything and I'm sure Stewart will be the first to tell you that he's carried some gear that didn't live up to its reputation in one way or another and was subsequently dumped. A dealer pushes the products he/she sells and I don't know one dealer who sells products (for vary long at least) that are thought of as inferior in their mind's eye. Dealers are salesmen/women and they make their living off of the products that they sell. Stewart doesn't, I believe, sell the PP units so if a client had them, it would benefit SofS to get that person to swap them out for the Hydras. This is common sense and there's nothing wrong it. I'd probably be a bit more comfortable if Stewart sold both, then the bias might be negated somewhat. Maybe it is better I don't know? I do know that the Hydra's way of doing things is very secretive and the PP units are not, but this is irrelevant to your comments regarding my post.

Like I said in my fist post, I have a Cobra and two Black Mambas and I'm looking for a second Cobra (or better) so I believe in the Shunyata philosophy. I just remember having a 'thought' when I first saw the Hydra ad and its price of $2000. It's a passive unit and it seemed, initially, to be a lot of money for something of the type.

In closing, every dealer has the latest and greatest products and it's up to us to listen for ourselves and/or do our research regarding such.

Anyway, I don't expect an apology from either of you and have a nice life.

Chris
OK, now that we got that cleared up. How about that Hydra? Owners that have one and it's broken in. What do you think? What did it replace? Are you keeping it? It is better than Microsoft approved? Have you compared it to a PS powerplant? Thanks. Just looking for opinions on the product from end users.
First let me extend my apologies to Esylsten as I am going to get stray away from his original post topic.
Chrisgarrett i know for a fact that Stewart did carry the PS audio line for some time. He told me he did not like the PS Audio as well as he did the Hydra, Bybee or Sound Applications.
As far as Microsoft being his cash cow? Stewarts customer base is all over the United States. He has earn his customers trust by delivering a good product at fair price.

Brad