Help needed to set up an analog system

I want to set up an analog system from scratch after a few nothing but thrilled vinyl cf CD experience. However, I'm a total nut here. Anyone know any good resources/reference/literature like 'Analog system ABC' or 'Analog system for dummies' etc cause I've heard of all those pains in the neck in setting up a vinyl system after hearing all these scary jargons such as hard/soft suspension, antiskating, VTA,... etc. Just hope to learn the basics before field work. Appreciate all inputs.
cc88950143
Prs123 has said it all. He is very knowledgeable and his advice is sound. I've given him points and I think so should you. Robert Hartley is VERY useful and if you can hunt up old copies of TAS (The Absolute Sound) articles by Enid Lumley about tonearm and turntable setup are usefull as well. But as I recollect, Hartley covers it all just as well, so there is really no need to look much further. But picking the brain of an anolog dealer in your vicinity is an even better bet, I suppose. As your work is in progress and uncertainties should come up, don't hesitate to ask again. People here, as you have seen, are generally helpful.
Good luck and welcome to the fold of vinyl listening.
Spskan, here is a nice primer on table set up by Laura Dearborn: www.vandenhul.nl/artpap/turntabl.htm0--Regards, Dan
Dan, thanks a million. I've printed that out and will study them while taking a train. A good altenative to taking a nap.
Oops, sorry Detlof and Dan, I remember clearly rated "Great" on both your useful feedbacks but don't know how it turned out to be 2+2?! Forget that and you guys have my best ratings together with Prs123. Thanks.