what happened to power cord review

Back on 6/17/01 there was a post by Lcat about doing a power cord shoot out. Does anyone know what the results were?. I've been waiting for the results to help me make an informed decision before i buy some power cords.
fleeceba
I decided to go with the Virtual Dynamics Power cord.
Apparently they have special pricing for the next few months to increase product familiarity in the marketplace.
I tried the Absolute as well, and like Recurb, I must say it sounded like stock.

Waiting for a couple of VD cords, see how those turn out.

KP
Psychanimal, Norm Luttbeg loves the Absolute power cords as well and know his big thing in listening is leading edge and imagine this is your bias as well as the cords sure are not special here at all being bettered by the "Wonderful" cord from Parasound, the Asylum cord and all the aftermarket cords we had lying around......To each his own, but let's just say that your listening biases must be different than ours here.....Yes, I build power cords commercially, but getting really tired of seeing posts on the Absolute as I just don't think most will hear it as a bargain......

Bob Crump
Bob: From my experience "most" people are satisfied with the Absolute PC and I know a handful of people (personaly) who have replaced more expensive cords with it (in the $150-$500 price range). This of course does not say much for the $500 PC. I have three of the cords and have not experienced any of the faults (grain, etc.) that you noted in an earlier post on the subject and have used them in a variety of different setups and applications over the past eight months. If you tested a single unit, I would suggest picking up another for evaluation as there may be a QC problem with the one that was used. I would expect such fluctuations in something that "might" only cost $5 (including labor and transportation) to manufacture and which also has soldered connections. My take on the Absolute is that it has average bass response for PC's in the under $250 or so price range and that the HF's are a bit softer than the norm (not unlike the HT Pro 11 in this area). The midrange is open and clear. I do not use them in key area's (only because I have better cords for this), but feel that they still offer a lot of bang for the buck. I once tried them "solo" in my better setup (on the DAC, transport and amp/with volume pot) which is a good way to audition PC's if you happen to have enough of them to make the stretch. I have not yet, but may try the Asylum cord as I will soon need a couple of inexpensive matched PC's for a pair of phono preamps that I will run as dual mono's. I suspect that these 20+ year old phono preamps may be based on one of your designs (whether you got paid for it or not:-).