wow, a newbie power cord convert

When I got my Cary sli80 integrated last month, I just plugged my old power cord into it- the one that came with my cheap s.s. previous amp. I noticed that it used bigger wire, so I figured it would be better. Then a couple days ago I decided to try the new stock Cary cord. I put it in, and didn't really think about it. Yesterday I moved my speakers around a few inches here & there over the course of the day, and did some serious listening. I was amazed at the difference I was hearing. I had forgotten about the cord switch. I put the speakers back in their original spots, and still was hearing way more detail, and more solid placement of instruments. It was then I remembered the new cord, I guess it had been breaking in over a day & a half, (about 15-20 hrs of music). Anyway, I was a skeptic, and now I'm a believer. All this with just a stock cord from a good amp company. Makes me wonder if I can get even more good results if I spend a few more bucks...
jay_carlson
...I may be wrong, but i heard that Electraglide makes AC cords specificaly for CD players and DAC'? Or, that certain cord's are better suited for digital sources, and so on..? Swampwalker, i think i am NOT going to use "hi-end" cord on my CD. I'll leave the factory one, conected.
A note of skepticism. I have no doubt that power cords can positively/negatively effect the sonics of a medium to high resolution sound system, however, I suspect that it's a "hit or miss" proposition. Furthermore, similar to other cable products, the wide range in power cord prices has only a marginal correlation with the positive sonic attributes of the product. Eldragon (GREAT NAME!), you should contact Electraglide and ask them exactly what makes one cable more suitable for digital components than another. I'm not trying to discourage you, but there is much HYPE in this area. A listener could spend alot of time listening to their power cords -- is this really time well spent?
Electraglide cords sound magical on anything you plug into them. The electraglide regular,Reference, or FatBoy are great on digital or analogue. The FatBoy is great on power amps as well.
I think the Cardas Twinlink cords are a good buy for source components. The Cardas Quadlink is nice for power amplifiers. Both are reasonably priced. Also, I think the Chang Lightspeed 6400 ISO, used in conjunction with the Twinlink, makes for a MAJOR upgrade to your source rack. Run a dedicated circuit to your power amplifier, and you'll hear a BIG improvement in detail.
I also used to be skeptical about powercords but they do make improvements in bass definition, naturalness in the highs and midrange clarity. I use L.A.T. AC-2 powercords: large gage silver plated copper, teflon insulation good plugs and very reasonnable price (around $100)