Best MC Cartridge $300.00 or less

Decided to try a Moving Coil phone cartridge. Turntable is a Harmon Kardon T 60 and pre amp id Threshold FET 2. Any suggestions?
ferrari
Mr.Eber, please try not to be rude just because you've been caught with your hand in your pants. I'm a newbie on this board, most of my audio on-line time is spent on RAO and AA's vinyl forum, so I know you just as well as you know me. Given the nature of this medium, if we can't trust each other to be honest than there's no point to even attempt to exchange ideas. But this isn't about me, is it now? Clearly you have not heard the Dyna and yet see no problem with proclaiming that PBS is a better cartridge, just as you've compared the Phonomena to a single competing product yet have no difficulty calling it the best under $1K. There are ludicrous claims, made because you obviously own the products, as you have absolutely no comparative basis for your comments. You also may want to read my post again; I never said that I heard the Phonomena, in fact I have not. I also never said that I auditioned the products of which I speak in a store setting, making it rather clear that they were auditioned in my own system. You may want to read other folks' comments more carefully, Mr.Eber, and refrain from putting words into people's mouths. Oddly enough, even if I had compared the Dyna to a BPS in a store system, I'd have one leg up on you since you've *never heard* the cartridge. I'm still interested in hearing your replies to my questions, ones you rather conveniently chose to avoid broaching in lieu of an insipid personal attack. How do you know the BPS is a better sounding cartridge than the Dyna if you haven't compared them? How do you know the Phonomena is the best sounding phono stage under $1K, if you've only compared it to the BC? TIA; I look forward to your well thought out and on-point response. Best Wishes, Felix
Hi Dragan. I've been lurking here for about a week and having a little time on my hands I read some of the older, vinyl related posts. I'm not trying to advocate which cart is best, clearly there's something to be said for personal preference, but Mr.Eber's comment struck a nerve with me; there's enough confusion in our hobby without a need for public claims made without even having heard the product in question. You may be right about the T-60 arm; IIRC, it has a very short effective length. I mounted a lower grade Shure an a T-60 once, but I simply can't recall if the arm was modified by the owner or not. Best Wishes, Felix
You have no leg up on me, and I'm still waiting to hear what's better than the Phonomena. It is you who is being quite rude, also. You might want to be careful. And no, I have no reason to believe you anyway. Sorry, no offense.
Mr.Eber. Unlike you I have a problem discussing products I have not heard. Considering that I have never auditioned the Phonomena, as those who read and understand English already knew from my previous comments, I don't have an opinion one way or another. Now see how easy that was, Mr.Eber? All you had to do was make a recommendation to the original poster, but no...you chose to discuss a cartridge you've never even heard and are now doing your best to weasel out of the situation instead of simply admitting to your error. Clearly you've been caught making unsubstantiated claims and have avoided every attempt I've made to clarify the matter. I've asked you several questions and you've ignored them all; eventhough, I respond to your comments directly and on point. Worse, you have made every attempt possible to obfuscate the issue at hand by playing Cat and Mouse games and doing your best to run away from your own words - so much for your credibility, sir. Sheesh, Mr.Eber, you don't even seem to have the basic ability to grasp the written word. I simply don't know what else there is to say, Mr.Eber. From what I've read so far this isn't an isolated incident for you, and I certainly hope that you think long and hard about modifying your posting style to not include opinions on components you've never heard, and perhaps have never even seen outside of a picture in a magazine. You may ask yourself what others can possibly gain by your comments, seeing how they have virtually no basis in personal experience, or is looking at your name on a screen this important to you? Perhaps when someone asks for an opinion, based on pure speculation, of a component a respondent has never heard, you could once again post a similar message. Until then you may want you stick to products you have actually had your hands on, as few as there may be. BTW, what is it that I should be careful of, Mr.Eber? Best Wishes, Felix
Mr eber, Was warning Felix to "be careful" a threat? I sincerely hope not. I too have been lurking around these boards for a while, and to be perfectly honest, I've found you to be a boorish lout. Your lack of knowledge, combined with a shouting, opinionated style, makes you too dangerous a creature to be passing out advice to people looking for help. I have zero tolerance for a bottom feeder such as yourself, so be a good boy now carl, and take a bit of time away from this forum to at least brush up on your manners, we'll start on your audio education after you return.... John