Best MC Cartridge $300.00 or less

Decided to try a Moving Coil phone cartridge. Turntable is a Harmon Kardon T 60 and pre amp id Threshold FET 2. Any suggestions?
ferrari

Showing 5 responses by carl_eber

I liked my Sumiko BPS enough to buy a lot of vinyl, after hearing it. I then went to the Glider, and now the Lo4. I doubt the Dynavector "blows away" the BPS, but I haven't heard the Dynavector. If you wanna hear "blown away", you need to spend more IMO.
How many hours did you put on the BPS, and how long did you own the Dynavector, mr. "opine"? "Fear"?
How do I know that you are even telling the truth, firstly? I've compared the Phonomena to the latest version of the Black Cube, and the Phonomena was much more accurate, more musical, more dynamic, far had less ss "false edge", and was far better able to fine tune the capacitance and resistance loading...besides the gain. Frankly, I resent dealers (or "claimed former dealers" honking that they've heard it all before "in their store". THERE'S NO WAY YOU'VE HEARD THE PHONOMENA YEARS AGO, BECUAE IT HASN'T BEEN OUT THAT LONG. And claims like that don't mean jack anyhow, becuase no dealer's store I have visited, or heard of, had a set-up that was resolved enough to make adequate comparisons of ANY component, AND NEITHER HAS ANYONE ELSE I'VE KNOWN OR BEEN ACQUAINTED WITH (visited a dealer where even their best "demo rooms" were "up to suff").........................What makes you think you have heard a phono stage that is a better value than the Phonomena? If you think you have, then prove it to me verbally right here, rather than relying on your pompous attitude. Prove that there is a phono stage that represents a better value in the $600 range than the Phonomena, right now.
You have no leg up on me, and I'm still waiting to hear what's better than the Phonomena. It is you who is being quite rude, also. You might want to be careful. And no, I have no reason to believe you anyway. Sorry, no offense.
To "fear" and "Dls": Any help I have been able to afford anyone through this forum is VERY DEFINITELY NOT DANGEROUS TO A SOLITARY SOUL. And John, What'll you do if I don't go away? Nothing, that's what! (I'm in 2000 now, apparently you want to hold on to 1999. Why not join the rest of us?) I was discussing the Phonomena, and this guy who laughingly thinks he should be "feared" says I shouldn't talk about what I don't know about. All I said was, I DOUBT (read that again, you blowhard...I'm free to doubt, at least as much or more than you are free to do so...) that the Dynavector "blows away" the BPS............................And you know what, I still DOUBT it, my demented acquaintence! You both might want to take a few lessons in audio and manners yourselves (make sure the teacher can hear, and is polite, first...so it takes hold THIS time). Might I suggest bootcamp in Afghanistan? I hear their mortars are very musical....Keep it on audio, or you'll both be gone from here sooner or later. And those same "best wishes" to you both...