Best Zip Code for Perfect Life

Two recent threads have inspired me. One was on persuading the wife for an audio shopping "romantic weekend" and the other on all of your hobbies outside of audio. Given that many of you seem interested in contemplative and creative things, fishing bicycling etc as well as quite a few car nuts, here is the ultimate question: Where can I chuck in the big city rat race and move that would offer: natural beauty, pre war architecture (at least some) and privacy where one could fish, cycle, enjoy nature etc and not worry about neighbors when playing MFSL Dark Side of the Moon at concert levels through subwoofers, drive 30-60 minutes maximum to check out some girls, visit a good audio dealer, book shop, music store and eat some decent Italian food, without spending a zillion bucks on real estate or living in an overpopulated or pre fab "McMansion" atmosphere. Extra Credit: roads ideally would be somewhat rural, bucolic, winding and not ruined by traffic or constant speed traps.(One for the car geeks, of which I am one.)Let's keep this gem to our forum, but WE can all move there and start an audio club and the best dealers will follow. Thanks for the tip and I will hope to see you in the village market and have you over for a drink and a demo!
htmlgeek4794eb
Leafs? Great hockey team? They haven't won the cup since 1967, but, they do have a reasonably entertaining product now. Anyone who stayed loyal to the Leafs throughout the Ballard years deserves a winning team now.
Thanks,we have suffered long.I am going to be in Montreal at the end of the month.Any recomendations on hi end stores.
Great responses so far....I am starting to pack and will call the real estate agents soon....Eldragon, I understand Monterey is absolutely GORGEOUS, but this might fail my "without spending a zillion bucks on real estate" requirement. Let me guess, $1 MM plus for about 2.5 BRs and a quarter of an acre??!! EXTRA EXTRA credit for any zip codes with authentic architecture and reasonable prices. Otherwise thanks for all the excellent ideas and advice. (And ELdragon let me know if you want to sell the place in Monterey cheap. Maybe you could use a tax write off or something.)
Leafs, email me, let me know when you'll be in Montreal, I can point you in the right direction for high end stuff, living in Montreal my entire 39 years, I know where all the goodies are. I may tag along with you for a little high end excursion, although it usually costs me everytime I do that. Jeff
29902. That's the zip code for Beaufort, South Carolina, located on the very southeast coast. If you like moderate winter temps(with the exception of this year), natural beauty that includes ocean, salt marshes, and pristine rivers and streams, and pre-civil war architecture(Sherman didn't burn it all up), this is it. People are friendly, our traffic jams occur on fridays between 1-3pm when everybody is trying to get away from work for the weekend. If you like to fish, kayak, or play golf, there isn't a better place. There aren't any high-line audio dealers in the area, the closest ones are probably 4-5 hours away, but if you can get on a computer, you'll be able to converse with other Audiogoners just like I do now. The downside, you might have to stop and say hello to a friend, neighbor, or a fellow worker when you're out and about in town. The big cities have many things these little towns may never have, but you can go visit anytime, and when you get your fill, you can head on back to these small places and remember exactly what it was that got you to move there in the first place! No place is perfect, but Beaufort should be on anyone's short list. Happy New Year to you'all..Skip