best used system for 10k$

As with most younger audiophiles, money is sadly a factor.Will anyone please advise me of a "tried and true" used system for under 10k?
streetman4cf5
My current system would fit the bill: Conrad Johnson Premier 11a amplifier Conrad Johnson PV10L preamp Micromega Stage 2 CDplayer Totem Forrest speakers I'd suggest selecting a different CD player. The Micromega and its parts are no longer available. It also has a pretty bad reputation with respect to reliability (even though mine has been trouble free). You could easily improve over the preamp given your budget, but you probably can't do much better than the PV10 at that price leve.
b4 u drop a dime, no advise would be valid w/o letting others know what type of muzak u listen to.
Jeff Rowland Jeff Rowland Model 2 Asking $2850.00 obo New Retail $8500.00 Condition 9/10 AGS Days/Views 6 / 212 Ship cost Plus shipping Ship from 94102 lbs from http:// Ship to USA only Included Box, Manual About seller Singlee75 (5)(Send email) (Read feedback) (Seller's other items) Pay Terms Money Order (explain) Item Description This powerful amp rated 75 W/CH but factory tested 125W/CH with BPS 2/6 battery pack recommended component class A with all the box and Jeff Rowland Synergy A year old Asking $2795.00 SOLD New Retail $5500.00 Condition 9/10 AGS Days/Views 26 / 365 Ship cost Plus shipping Ship from 40 lbs from 92051 Ship to USA only Included Remote About seller Cbb (111)(Send email) (Read feedback) (Seller's other items) Pay Terms Money Order, Personal Check, Visa/MC, Amex, Discover (explain) Item Description Mint condition. Priced to sell quickly.No box or manual. Martin Logan CLS IIz Electrostats $1800 OBO Asking $1800.00 obo New Retail - Condition 8/10 AGS Days/Views 36 / 730 Ship cost Plus shipping Ship from 150 lbs from 37203 Ship to USA only Included No box or manual About seller Auraears (6)(Send email) (Read feedback) (Seller's other items) Pay Terms Money Order, COD, Visa/MC, Amex (explain) Item Description Martin Logan CLS IIz electrostatic loudspeakers. Excellent condition. Medium walnut wood. No box or manual, but will have professionally packed for shipment. Price: $1800 plus ship OBOVISA/MC/AMEX OK.Call Craig at 615-714-6699 anytime to leave a message. EAD DAC 7000 Mk II, T-1000 Transport $899.00 (on audio review site) THAT LEAVES YOU WITH ABOUT $3,500 FOR CABLES OF CHOICE & A TUNER IF YOU DESIRE, LINE PROCCESSOR & POWER CABLES. You can get better sound than this but you will have to spend much more! Just think only $6,500.
I don't think you have to spend 10K to get a great system. Below are systems with almost all components that I've owned, usually for a few months. I've paired the synergistic matches. I've only had red dawn cables in my system so cannot comment on cable matching.

For a great rock and roll system buy a vandersteen 3aSig(3500) or 2CeSig(1600). Probably have to buy these new and use a mccormack dna-1 (rev A if possible) ($1000-2000) amp w/adcom 750 preamp(800) and kinergetics research (a buddy recommends these) cables. For CD player buy an xa7es($1100) and you'll have money left over for a rega 25 ($1000) and lehman black cube ($500) or better yet an AR PH-3(900). If you want tubes, the monster Sonic Frontiers sfm-160's (1600) worked very well with the vandersteen 3aSigs. McCormack is the way to go by a mile with these speakers. Swap in some b$w 801's w/monster krell for more bass/thunderosity.

For a resolution/imaging oriented system, swap in: Audio Physic Virgo's ($3200) with pass aleph 2's(3000), a pass labs P(1800). Red dawn speaker cables w/nordost red dawn balanced interconnects (1200). Heard Analysis plus 9 is great w/these too. Put a vt100m2(3000) on this for world class tube lp sound but sound but slightly less resolution. Put a dna1/revaGold for house shaking bass w/still very good resolution. The alephs are my current setup. Doesn't rock like the vandersteens but tighter with tremedous detail and resolution. Better for medium sized rooms.
For a cheap (AND AWESOME) system:
Magnepan 1.6QR's (1500) w/conrad johnson mv-55(1200) and adcom 750 (800). Maybe a cav-50. Same Cd player, cables and record player. This is a wonderful setup for classical music listening. Might try a premier 11a amp as well. vt100 ups the performance a bit but much more expensive. I didn't care for any solid state amps with this speaker.

I wish I had $10k to spend on equipment, but the best system I've ever heard for around that price used was a Wadia cdp, Levinson pre, classe 200 or 300, and Hales and don't forget the room treament. This combo is my personal favorite at any price. The more expensive systems i've experienced have possibly been technically better, but they didn't make my heart pound, or my eyes water like the one i listed. I wouldn't let hales being out of business stop me from buying a pair if i didn't already have them. There was, maybe is, a window where you can get the trans series for about the price of the revelation, new. And there may or may not be parts available for them at qsc.com in the future, but they don't have foam surrounds, and you'd have to be a total idiot to screw these speakers up. You could also swap B&W N804s, or N805s plus sub combo and end up with something super cool. Have fun blowing your money! That's the second best part.