Best DAC Under $5000 - Opinions Please

Anyone have any thoughts? I am on the great DAC hunt and need to get a list together of DACs to audition. Thanks...Mike
mriggs23ff
Second the Muse Model 9 Signature player. I've had mine for about a month now and it keeps getting better. Shows me just how GOOD red book CD can be. Also plays DVDs and 24/96 recordings. If you try it, use a really good passive line "stage" like the Reference Line series.
the swiss product 'Ensemble' DAC is also one of the best. I have auditioned both Mark Levinson 360S and Ensemble and I would choose Ensemble for its noble sound. 360S is too smooth and does not have good dynamics.
Mike , I prefer the Theta DAC's (I have the Theta Gen Va and will update ASAP) but everyone hears differently and it would certainly make a difference what equipment you are going to be running.Take your time,don't read reviews and go out and listen yourself. Set up an appointment, tell them what equipment you want hooked up to the DAC that you are going to listen to and take along your favorite CD's.Buying Theta is like an investment as you can always upgrade!