Best system for ROMANCE

Hi'I am very new to this.My old boyfriend was an audiophile.I want to build my own system now.I want the most romantic sound possible. I listen to mostly classical and love to get it on during music.Any advice? I have about $4000.00 to spend and have to start from scratch.Thanks guys!!
redcindy69c1d9
If you're still in NYC and looking to audition, stop by Innovative Audio as well. They can be a little more pricy than the ones mentioned above, but I have found them to be the kindest, most accomodating, and knowledgable of the lot - and they've got some really fine equipment to boot. If you've got the time and the interest, they'll set you up, bring sodas, and swap out equipment for you all day long. They treated me right fine, and I'm just a youngster who showed up in jeans and a t-shirt. I've had mixed luck (and bought equipment) from almost all of the above--mostly luck of the draw regarding who gloms onto you when you walk in the door. I suspect you'll be fine, though...
Well; take it from an old pro: Go easy on the equipment expenditure. Invest in quality software (e.g., Rachmaninoff, Chopin, Brahms, Beethoven quartets. etc.) and wine. But most of all, rely upon your natural charm and ability to make your own beautiful music. PS: For a prelude to the above, it's hard to beat a fine meal.
Jokes aside, What did you end up with Cindy? I myself got the idea from this thread and for my bedroom system for Romance I am settling on Vandersteen 2ce,Cary 300 SEI and Cary 301or 303 CD player. Interconnects /speaker wires will be all MIT or Sraightwire Serenade.