Best Used Tube Preamp (under $750)?

I need a used tube preamp under $750, and am having trouble deciding which. I have yet to listen to these, but the price has determined these suggestions. Audio Research LS7, Sunfire Classic Tube Preamp, Rogue Audio 66, and that's all I've found so far. If you have an opinion of one of these, or a unit I haven't mentioned, PLEASE post a follow-up. Thanks all.
zorathustra
I agree with the Conrad-Johnson pv10a excellent preamp I preffer the pv11 though if you can get a good deal on one. What kind of amp and speakers are you using this also plays an important role in system matching
The Quicksilver line stage tube preamp is very nice. I believe there is one listed by a dealer for $449 here on Audiogon. I have owned my Quicksilver preamp for almost 2 yrs. When I bought it is was the older 12au7a version. I just sent it in and had it updated to the 12ax7 tubes and it sounds even better. Quicksilver is all about customer support. The preamp is a beauty as well. It has a very natural smooth sound, but it doesn't go so far as to sound overly warm or liquid as some other tube gear can. Some of the other preamps listed above are great as well, but for the money it is very hard to beat the Quicksilver. Also if you want phono the older preamp from Quicksilver has a phono stage. Or you can buy the seperate Quicksilver phono stage preamp. Good Luck!!
A couple choices- you can get a CJ PV 12L for around $800- put in some NOS tubes and change out the power cord. On the solid state side look for a used Klyne 5-6 series. Both are huge bang for the buck bargains. Tweak them with products from www.audiotweakers.com
Counterpoint SA1000, SA3000 or the all tube SA5.1 w/separate tube power supply unit for about $500. All excellent value and is upgradeable.