Best speakers for 2500....thump included

I am looking for a good speaker that can produce down to 30hz or lower, at the 2500 price range..... I also like my music loud and clear, without being bright on the top end. I am running a 300W perreaux power amp, and a perreaux pre. Any suggestions... there are just too many to go looking... The bass is mandatory!
shabbadoo
There was another thread similar to this not long ago. From that thread the above Vandersteen's came highly recommended and the PSB Stratus Gold i. I tried to hear the PSB's at store about an hour from here last weekend but couldn't find the store. It's a shame more speaker companies don't offer a speaker with good "thump", as you say.
My budget was $2500 for mains and after looking at many reviews I becan listening. I came down to PSB Goldi, NHT 2.9 and Hales Revelation3. I bought the Hales which I felt was the best deal(considering sound, look and refinement). They take a long break in but will play deep and loud. I agree that a good sub is still important, even on music. I use the Velodyne HGS15. Its turn way down for music and I know its expensive for the last 15 Hertz. I have listened to many $4000 speakers and still think my Hales are the choice for me. Auditioned Revel Performa F30(3700) last weekend and liked them, but still would easily choose Hales(girlfriend thought F30 was ugly!!). Good luck and have fun listening...LR
NHT has some models with really nice low end - if you don't mind going used, you can find a pair of the 3.3's for <2500, and if you can place them against a rear wall, will get the low end you're looking for. The 2.9's retail for <2500 and also have significant low end. Very neutral speakers.
As to the mention of the Revel F30 above, I liked the M20 better, it is basically a bookshelf speaker, although it comes with nice stands. I have been impressed with these speakers, I am not sure if they will go as low as you like, but they will surprise you! List $2200.
What about a nice pair of Paradigm (Studio reference 80's) and a subwoofer on the side. This set up will give you a very reasonable price and much deeper bass that a standalone speaker.