Best speakers for 2500....thump included

I am looking for a good speaker that can produce down to 30hz or lower, at the 2500 price range..... I also like my music loud and clear, without being bright on the top end. I am running a 300W perreaux power amp, and a perreaux pre. Any suggestions... there are just too many to go looking... The bass is mandatory!
shabbadoo
There are really a relatively small number of speakers which even bother to reproduce a legitimate 30 hz signal at any price. This job seems to be left to subwoofers for the most part nowadays. In your price range, there are the Vandersteen 3, 3A and 3A Signature. These are all excellent speakers which will deliver in the deep bass region provided that your amplifier can provide the current. Also would be interested to hear the Gershman RX-20 Avant Garde which I hear is quite small and yet can plumb the depths. Be careful of the recommendations of others, since I have noticed that many people don't have any idea of how a 30hz tone sounds. Ninety percent of the speakers out there don't have it.
Sorry, I forgot to say that the Gershman is $4400 list, so you would have to consider it used to meet your budget. The Vandersteen 3 is discontinued, but a mint pair is available easily for $1300. The 3A lists for $2595 and the 3A Signature retails for $3495 but is available used for less than $2500. As this is an interesting topic, I would like to know of any other candidates and what others think of the Gershmans as an overall speaker as well as the quality of the bass reproduction.
There was another thread similar to this not long ago. From that thread the above Vandersteen's came highly recommended and the PSB Stratus Gold i. I tried to hear the PSB's at store about an hour from here last weekend but couldn't find the store. It's a shame more speaker companies don't offer a speaker with good "thump", as you say.
My budget was $2500 for mains and after looking at many reviews I becan listening. I came down to PSB Goldi, NHT 2.9 and Hales Revelation3. I bought the Hales which I felt was the best deal(considering sound, look and refinement). They take a long break in but will play deep and loud. I agree that a good sub is still important, even on music. I use the Velodyne HGS15. Its turn way down for music and I know its expensive for the last 15 Hertz. I have listened to many $4000 speakers and still think my Hales are the choice for me. Auditioned Revel Performa F30(3700) last weekend and liked them, but still would easily choose Hales(girlfriend thought F30 was ugly!!). Good luck and have fun listening...LR
NHT has some models with really nice low end - if you don't mind going used, you can find a pair of the 3.3's for <2500, and if you can place them against a rear wall, will get the low end you're looking for. The 2.9's retail for <2500 and also have significant low end. Very neutral speakers.