Best CD Player for under $750?

What is the best value in a cd player for under $750? Used/Demo is OK. I have been looking at the Rega Planet, Ah! Tube 99 with all of the mods, Musical Fidelity's, Arcam's, Rotel's, etc. etc. etc. My associated equipment is Rotel 995 preamp, Rotel RB 991 amp, B&W 603 S2 speakers and B&W ASW2000 sub, MIT Terminator 2 cables and interconnects. HELP!
dcaseyb
You might want to listen to a Linn Mimik. They are out of production now, but sound good. You should be able to find one in the $500 range.
i have a rotel 971 and a ah tjoeb ---- i like the ah tjoeb a little better, but i prefer the tube sound. -- in the past i had a rega planet which i thought was just a tad bit dull or laid back sounding for my taste.....
I agree that the Adcom GCD750 is a great deal. You can find a used one for $750 and it is as good as any $2000 player I have heard.
Try to listen to the Jolida CD players - tube sound for well under your range, especially used. Of course, try to hear the Rega and Rotel as well. Just for kicks, you might even see if you can find a Sherwood Newcastle, just to see what those Burr-Brown's can do, and combine it with a good used transport.
Acurus ACD-11. Some like it others don't, but it IS a very good performing cd player and can be had for 300-$400 here on audiogon. It really excells as a transport if you ever upgrade to a better D/A in the future.