Surround Speaker cabling question

since you can set delays different for surround do you need to have equal lwnghts of speker cable for right and left speakers as you do in the front channels?

thanks for comments
mfinochio
Yes, it is a question of degree and, with short lengths of hefty cable, there should be no detectable difference. I use unequal lengths in my MCH system but with overkill cables and it's just dandy. If the discrepancy was 2ft vs. 200ft, that's another story.

Kal
For left and right front channels, using excellent quality cabling, would you hear a difference between 1.5m for one side and 5m for the other? Opinions?
I said "Depends on wire gauge and power levels." I should have added that I have a similar difference between sides and there's no detectable problem.

Kal
"For left and right front channels, using excellent quality cabling, would you hear a difference between 1.5m for one side and 5m for the other?"

My opinion is 'no'. I'm running 4- and 9-foot lengths of premium cables to my L/R speakers. The one clear result of matching lengths is bad--the speaker with the longer-than-necessary cable has looser bass because it's seeing a much lower damping factor.