Best big screen for under $4000.00

I'm looking for a TV with a minimum of 60" screen for my home theatre. It must have DVI connections, be a 16:9 format, and it has to have the absolute best picture, and be reliable....Not a lot to ask right? I've been focusing on the sony KP-65WV700 and the sony KF-60WE610 but I know there are alot of other options out there. Size, weight, speakers, and cabinet are not important to me. Any help?
brentchp
Sean

Yes, the two types of cheap digital projectors on the market can cause problems for some people I have read.

One is called "screen door effect" and the other is called the "rainbow effect". The X-1 can produce one of these effects, "rainbow". This is caused by the spinning of the color wheel. Very few people have any problem with this but if your one of those very few people..thats of little comfort. No one in my family has a problem with this effect.

Dave
I have to agree whith Sogood, the x1 is bettter overall than any rptv I have seen up to 4k.
I did see the rainbows at first when looking for them but this seems to not happen much if at all after a few weeks.
Nobody else in my family sees the rainbows or gets fatigued in any way watching the 110 inch widescreen movies.
You do need a decent dvd player to get the best out of the x1.
I went from a Toshiba cinema series f90 35in reference[better than xbr when new] monitor and the x1 holds its own on a much bigger veiwing area,

The best part about a projector is it does not get in the way of your 2 channel sonics like an rptv does.

Having said that, I will probably upgrade to an even better pj whith dvi,4x color wheel ect in the next couple months.

Greg
Dave & Greg: This was my business partner that experienced the rainbow effect with resulting headaches. I never saw or experienced this as he returned the unit within a few days. Other than that, there are multiple benefits to a projector installation. The most obvious are the savings of space with less to intrude into the sonic presentation of the speakers. Sean
>
I have gone the projector route too, for many of the reasons expressed above. Additionally it means I do not have a horrible piece of plastic and glass between the speakers and ruining the aesthetics of the room. I went for LCD simply because I could not stand the DLPs I tried. You may not suffer from rainbow effects, but if you do it is way more intrusive than a screen door effect. Even if you do not see the rainbows, then the reason is your brain is managing to process the images fast enough for you not to to be distracted by them. All that effort by your brain turns into fatigue, and for my kids it turns into migraines after about an hour of viewing. Regardless of anything you might say that is negative about an LCD, it is so gentle on the eye and brain that you can watch one for hours without any sense of fatigue.
exertfluffer..if I may what crt do you have or recommend as I am in the used market for one of these with about $4000 usd to spend..thanks