Best big screen for under $4000.00

I'm looking for a TV with a minimum of 60" screen for my home theatre. It must have DVI connections, be a 16:9 format, and it has to have the absolute best picture, and be reliable....Not a lot to ask right? I've been focusing on the sony KP-65WV700 and the sony KF-60WE610 but I know there are alot of other options out there. Size, weight, speakers, and cabinet are not important to me. Any help?
brentchp

Showing 3 responses by sean

My business partner recently purchased a projector. I don't know what make / model it was, but he suffered from much the same effect that Exertfluffer stated above. That is, he was seeing "rainbows", suffered from eye fatigue and got headaches while watching it. Needless to say, he didn't keep it for long. Sean
>
I just checked with my business partner and the model he had was the X-1. Evidently, some people are more susceptable to "video fatigue" than others. For sake of comparison, he normally runs a 36" Sony Wega, but wanted something bigger without devoting half the room to his TV. The X-1 looked like a perfect solution, but it didn't work out for him. I guess that anybody buying one of these should check them out quite extensively right away so that they can return them if fatigue comes into play. Sean
>
Dave & Greg: This was my business partner that experienced the rainbow effect with resulting headaches. I never saw or experienced this as he returned the unit within a few days. Other than that, there are multiple benefits to a projector installation. The most obvious are the savings of space with less to intrude into the sonic presentation of the speakers. Sean
>