Placette Passive Pre

Has anybody had any experience with this unit? If so what were the other components? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
blackie
We are using one. Spectron amp, CEC TL-2 Transport, Perpetual Technologies P-1A/P-3, Gallo reference solo speakers....The Placette is heaven in a box....It replaced a Morrison, which was good, but the Placette was so much better in this system, it wasn't even close...I can't imagine how anything could improve on it....Yes, we like it....
I have the Placette active, which is a no-gain but active (fully buffered) version of the product. It is terrific. I imagine the purely passive versions could have trouble in certain applications, depending on impedence, length of interconnects and so forth, so you might want to try it out in your particular situation. But if you can spring for the active version, I'm pretty confident you will be pleased regardless of your system.
I listened to the Placette passive in a HT setup using A EAD pre/pro, Theater master 200 5chx200, Sony9000 SACD/CD/DVD, Aerial 8s, CC3, SR3s, Earthquake sub, Harmonic pro 9 spk Cable and ICs. The little passive was used to bypass the pre/pro for 2ch without the sub. All i can say is i'm getting one myself. Its an excellent passive very clean and transparent. It makes me rethink my own setup using a Classé ssp50 pre/pro, ca300 amp and Aerial 10Ts. Excellent piece. Highly recommended in a compatiable setup.
I've tried the Placette Passive and Active and both sounded terrific. Significant increment over my already excellent Audible Illusions M3a, except that the M3a has a bit more body in the sound. Placette is clean, transparent, musical without harshness at all. I bought the $1400 3 way remote box since I did not seem to need the additional handiwork of the active one. Spendor FL9 speakers, Conrad Johnson Premier 12 amps, Cary 303 cdp, Basis 2001, van den hull frog, rega rb300 modified, sonic frontiers phono one. Caution: You will hear how your amplifier really sounds with this preamp, so be prepared. Also if the power in your system is marginal for your speakers you may find that you need a serious active gain stage other than Placette.