Solid state amplifier $2K Used or New

System B&W Nautilus 805
Audio Electronics AE-1 Preamp
Meridian 506.20 Cd Player
Synergistic Research Cabling

Looking at possiby Krell KSA50S, Krell KSA100S, Ayre V-3, BAT VK200, McCormack DNA 125, NAD S200
Any other suggestions?
stowne1
I suggest a used Rowland m 2 for sligtly above 2k$. Absolut fantastic sound. It was much better than my previosly owned Pass Aleph5 in every aspect. As a bonus the best build quality I have ever seen and its strikingly beautiful
Hello-
I've owned an Ayre V3. I never thought I would say this but you really owe it to your self to hear an Audio Research 100.2, depending on what your impedence match is between your amp and preamp the difference can be night and day. I had been useing an Audible Illusions M3A with my Ayre and it never came to life. The Ayre is fairly low. The 100.2 was a text book match with my AIM3A. The difference is better high and low end and dynamics in spades. I could never figure it out why reviewers never empraised the 100.2 although that should never be an issue when auditioning a amp. Do yourself a favor and go listen to one. By the way the Krell will make your ears bleed, the BAT is preety good and the McCormack is great bang for the buck. IMHO...All the Best-Gary
Some additional suggestions: Aragon 8008BB dual monoblocks (loads of current control for nice, tight bass. Used around $1800), Belles 150A Hot Rod (liquid, musical sound, around $1500 new, I think).
I've owned 3 Classe amps over the years, Classe 10, Classe CA-100, Classe CA-200. The 200 was the best and can be found for $1500 +/- depending on age and condition. For the price, its a lot of amp for the money. Personally, I didn't like Bryston but many people do. Listened to a friend's Krell and thought it not to be very musical, accurate perhaps but didn't do it for me.
Noone has mentioned it yet, so I'll throw in the Musical Fidelity A3cr. I know one can't go just on reviews, but it is Stereophile Recommended "Class A" and sells for $1500. I believe that upscale Audio is selling them with a moneyback guaranty (like AAs policy) since they are hard to find in nearby stores. I think the price is due to go up, but it should still be well under 2K. I just bought one, but have not yet received it. I already have the A3cr preamp which is phenomenal.