best ss preamp w/ remote used under 1000

using B&w asw 1000 for sub 804n for fronts adcom gcd-700 for cd aragon 8008bb for amp basicaly trying to update have thought about gtp 750 but the reviews havent been what i thought they would be mainly for music
ginntonic
I suggest the Marsh solid state preamp. I compared the Marsh to the Adcom preamp that is so highly rated and the Marsh sounded much better. It gave the proper color to the music and was more involving. It was more detailed. The Adcom was very good looking and good but not quite as good as the Marsh.
You should consider a Bryston BP-25, which can be found for right around $1K. Very solidly built, with 20 yr warranty. Beautiful, realistic sound, with no SS edge. Totally realistic presentation. Nice features and simple but solid remote.
linn kairn - w/the latest "slimline" brilliant power-supply. not up to the soundstage depth of toobs, but competitive w/the best out there in all other aspects - soundstage height/width, acuracy, transparancy, dynamics. based upon my experience w/an older non-remote electrocompaniet ec-1a, i'd also try one of their later remote-controlled wersions...

doug s.

ps - re: the elad, there's an interesting thread about this product elsewhere. all i know is it's a minimalist design w/only two inputs, no tape monitoring function, & no remote...

I'll second the recommendation for the Bryston BP-25. If you shop, you can find one with the built like a tank remote in your price range. Very neutral with excellent soundstaging and a nice sense air, especially for SS. Also comes with an awesome warranty, backed by very good customer service.