Surround processor recommendations

Well, I just got my Anthem AVM back from repair at Sonic Frontiers. Take it out of the box and it's in worse shape then when I sent it in. Unit is less then 18 months old and it's going out with the garbage.

So, I need recommendations for a new processors. I need a unit that will be used primarily for audio so sound quality is important in 2 channel. It must pass HD component video and 3 inputs would be a plus but 2 would suffice. It must also have a 12 volt trigger and balanced outputs would be great.

Processors that I am considering: adcom GTP-860, b&k ref 50, Parasound Halo C2. Unit must be new and come with manufacturers warranty.
prpixel
I have to second the Lexicon stuff, I have owned thier last three generations of processors. The DC-1, MC-1 and now the MC-12. They were always very good for movies, but have come a long way in the others areas as well!
Do NOT go with the Adcom GTP series. I purchased a GTP-760 which was supposed to be a huge improvement in QC over the 740 and 750. Ha! Mine died 48 hrs later. I went with a Lexicon DC-2 and haven't looked back since. The quality issues with Adcom processors are WELL documented. Users who have units that perform well are exceptions! Beware!
I know you said new, but right now I think the only thing I'd be less inclined to buy new than a prepro is a projector. The depreciation curves of these two types of kit are very, very steep - far more so than for other things in which there is less active innovation.

Many vendors have long-lasting, transferrable warrantees. Classe and Bryston are both notable examples, and both produce excellent 2-ch sound even through their 5-ch products.

I'm biased, but a used or demo Classe SSP75 goes for about the same price as a new B&K Ref 50 and the sound is significantly better.
What is up with the Adcom comments? While I am not familiar with the GTP-7xx series, I have had a GTP-860 here for a short time (it went into my friend's aunt's home) and GTP-880. I just got in the GTP-880 and it replaced my Parasound AVC-2500u. I don't find it to have a background noise issue at all. It has full bypass direct lines for DVD-A, SACD and 2 channel analog on each input.

This unit is very clean sounding. I would recommend an Adcom GTP-880. I would stay away from the GTP-860 until they come out with the GTP-860 MkII at a later date. It will be upgraded to DD EX and DTS ES.

The GTP-860 only has 2 HD video inputs, but the GTP-880 has three. Both have 12V trigger relays. The GTP-860 is a multi-zone processor, which means it has outputs for each of its inputs for use with a matrix switcher for whole house audio/video. The GTP-880 is a two zone processor with stereo output to zone 2. Neither have balanced outputs.

The Adcom issues on QC were from a previous manufacturing plant that they are no longer using.
Thanks for all the input. I decided to go with a Carver Theater Grande MarkII. Picked one up from a local dealer for under $1500 with full factory warranty.

Thanks again,