fisher 800-c tube reciever

recently i got a 800-c tube reciever for free and put $120 into getting it running. can anyone tell me how this piece rates compared to the "new generation " tube stuff in the market (jolida,golden tube....)?
chris
chrisher
The Fisher 800-C was quite a unit in its day -- it was the first really good of stereo equipment that I bought back in the mid-1960's. At that time, Avery Fisher still owned the company, and his equipment was some of the best of its day. As I recall, the sound of the 800-C was very musical, albeit euphonic and of limite power. I doubt it would compare well with the best tube equipment of today, but you have a nice piece audiophile "collectible", since the 800-C was one of the first receivers that was also of high quality. My advice is: enjoy your $120 investment on its own terms, without regard to how it compares to the much more expensive tube gear of today.
I still have my 800c , nice piece of work for 60's stuff . It's like Sd says , today they have more exotic hardware to tinker with to try to reproduce the elusive "origional" sound and I'm glad it's still persued . Enjoy Chris and if you ever sell , you still should get 2 to 3 times what you have into it . NO KIDDING !