Someone just dropped cash into your lap

If you suddenly came upon a financial windfall (you determine the ammount) but could only spend it in one of two places; source, or speakers, where would you put it and why?
128x128nrchy
To answer the question a little less tongue in cheek, my very first priority would be a set of 5 meter XLR interconnects between preamp and amps. I need to do a lot of research before I can determine which would be best.

Pops, I have the MIT Oracle V2 speaker cables and really enjoy them. The 1.1's would be awesome! (depending on system and tastes, of course)
I'm not sure where this fits, but if I had unlimited money I'd construct a dedicated room. I'm at the point where the biggest limitation in sound reproduction is the acoustic environment.
A few weeks ago I won $2000.00 playing video poker at a local 7-11 store. I gave my wife 15 long stem roses, one for every year of our marriage and $500.00. I got myself an Adcom 750 Pre-amp from an ad here. Ya gotta love VEGA$
Well, if I had came across an unexpected windfall of money right now, and if I wanted to upgrade my audio system, then as much as I would like to upgrade my speaker system, I would just let my speaker system be right now and upgrade my amplification and get a "state of the art" audio rig instead (and this is assuming that I will have either a Sony DVP-S9000ES or the newer Sony DVP-NS999ES in place by the time I perform this ULTIMATE system upgrade). And the following upgrades would be:

(01). Upgrade my amplification system. I would upgrade from my current Adcom GFA-545 MkII/GFP-750 combination to either a Bryston 4B-SST/BP-25, or get me a used Krell Power Amplifier and Preamplifier, and then upgrade the cables from my current MITerminator 2 and 3 Interconnects and Speaker Cables and get the MIT Oracle (either V1.1 or V2) Cables (both, the interconnects and speaker cables) instead.

AND THEN

(02). I would go out and get me a killer analog rig. And it would consist of a VPI TNT Mk V combined with either a JMW Memorial 12 or a Graham 2.2 Tonearm, mount me a Grado Reference Statement at the end of it, and then run it through an AcousTech PH-1 Phono Stage.

I would keep the rest of my system intact the way it is right now, and then later on, when my budget recovers, I would upgrade the speaker system either Thiel's latest $2,500.00 Speaker System and then combine it with Thiel's Subwoofer or upgrade to a pair of Ariel Acoustics 10 T's. Do those few little things, and I'll be a happy camper for an AWFULLY long time.

That's what I would do if I came across an unexpected windfall of money.

--Charles--