HELP - I need a cheap pro logic amp & I'm lost -

I've been a 2 channel guy for 30 years so I know very little about this 5 channel stuff. I'd prefer to run my main amp/preamp separately for 2 channel but I'd like to set a 5 channel system for movies and TV playback.

What I (think) I want is a Prologic (Dolby or otherwise) with a built-in amp for the rear and center channels and selectable time delay. I'm on a budget so I'm looking for ideas on used equipment that will fill the bill without sounding like 2 tomatoe cans and a string. I'd like you're recommendations and the benefit of your experience.

Thanks for the help in advance.
morbius2130aol
Fosgate DSL2 is also such the animal you're looking for.It has a built in rear ch amp. Quite the animal of its day/10 years ago.
What is your budget? I have done quite a bit of searching lately for an inexpensive solution to that, and no where some of the bargains are.
I'm useing a Luxman F-114 processor, it has 50 watts per channel (3 channel) and is pro-logic. I run it through one of the tape loops in my pre-amp. It works out pretty good as the wife and kid are happy when we watch a movie, and I switch it out when I listen to the stereo, so it has no effect on my main amp . Almost like haveing two systems. Sounds pretty good too! TG
The Adcom GSP-560 will do what you are looking for. I know that Yamaha and several other companies made processors with amplification for the center and surrounds built in. The Adcom can typically be had for about $150 give or take.

Quite honestly, the difference between Dolby Pro Logic and Dolby Digital AC-3 is pretty staggering. I would REALLY recommend checking into at least that aspect. Obviously, it would cost measurably more money, which might not be in your plans right away. The next step up to DTS is also worthwhile if the rest of your system is up to it. Sean
>
I would not recommend a Pro-Logic unit. Dolby Digital is the only way to go. You probably want DTS also. If you are on a tight budget, you can skip 6.1, 7.1, Pro-Logic2, etc for now. Please tell us more about your current system and budget if you would like specific recommendations.