TV ignorance

Don't watch TV, but do rent DVDs once in awhile. I love those flat panel jammies. Best quality picture? LCD or plasma. Or is there something else? Space for 42" max. I'm interested in the deepest color saturation/clarity, the whole nine. Someone out there please set me free. peace, warren
128x128warrenh
If I were buying a 42" plasma, I would choose the Sony KDE-42XBR950KIT. It is the first plasma I have seen that does not look like a plasma. I first saw it a few months ago in the Sony store at the Moscone Center in San Fransico while I was attending a conference. I sat there during lunch break for over an hour watching some HDTV Discovery Channel footage. The picture quality was simply stunning. I think it is about $9,000 list, a bit too rich to my taste.
unless space were limited, i would opt for other than LCD OR PLASMA.
Neither LCD or Plasma flat panel TV's are known for having the the blackest blacks.

Front projectors are great, but you need to make sure you have alot of control over the light level in the room.

I still think that some of the newer rear-projection TVS have the sharpest image available.

The plasma's and LCD's are great for space saving, they also have that GeeWizz effect.
I would suggest the Pioneer "elite" Pro-800 (plasma) $8000.
However, I believe this model will soon be replaced but, thus far I beleive it to be the best I've seen.
Warren- If you watch a lot of sports or action, LCDs probably not the way to go. For a thin screen plasma is probably better; for a somewhat larger unit, but still compact, the Samsung DLP rear projector is pretty impressive and about $1K cheaper than plasma. for more details go to avsforum.com
Post removed