Best new amp under $2k?

After reading a spirited review of McCormack's DNA-125 and Belles Hotrod 150A in December's Stereophile I am interested in what you think is the best in this category. The biggest attraction to this class of amp (under $2k) is the value everyone seems to talk about. You know, 80-90% of the performance of the big boys at a third of the cost. Any and all thoughts are welcome.
128x128dtwomey
The Rogue is a good choice.I had one for about 6 months very special in Triode.My speakers are 92 db and i was able to play as loud as i would ever want.90+ dB with no effort. I switched to the Rogue 120 Monoblocks.You can get them used 1700/1800.If you speakers are less than 90dB they might be a better choice.
Leafs, what output tubes are you using with your Rogue? KT88s? Have you done any tube rolling(outputs or otherwise) with either the stereo or monoblock amps? I found the amp pretty cold and sterile sounding with 6550s. Are you using Coincident speakers and cables? Thank you very much.
If you can use a combination of new and used I would pick up a used McCormack DNA 1 for about $1,000 and send it to Steve McCormack for his B upgrade. With shipping etc. you would be under yor price cap and have an amp that will outperform many higher priced amps. I have both a Steve McCormack upgraded DNA 1 amp and ALD 1 pre amp and am extremely pleased.
All of the amps mentioned are fine performers I'm sure. There's no shortage of high value performance now it seems. While I haven't heard all of those mentioned and can't make meaningful personal comparisons, I am very pleased with the sound of my Belles 150 Hot Rod. Coupled with a Music Reference RM5III tube preamp and Maggie 1.6qr's, it exhibits all the attributes mentioned in Stereophile in abundance. It's an extremely pleasing and musical amp.
right at $2k is conrad johnson's mv55. while it's at the top end of your specified range, it's a wonderfully musical amp, 45 wpc (in ultralinear)powered by a pair of el34's on each side. it's been a sereophile class b reccommened component for years. i absolutely loved mine. when i purchased it, i compared it to (among others) an 85 watt offering from vtl. that may be worth a listen too. good luck.