Is it ok to leave the amp on?

I just bought a Belles 150A three channel amp (used thru this site). I am considering placing on top of a wall unit (due to space problems). This unit does not have an auto-on feature so I would need to leave it on most of the time.. (except when going out of town etc..) What is the general opinion on this.. and is this manufacturer sensative?
avitar
Lphunter2's comments deserve careful thought. On the other hand, two amplifier manufacturers I respect --- Bryston and Museatex/Meitner --- both recommend leaving their amplifiers on all the time. Since I use Meitner monoblocks, I figure I'd follow manufacturer's suggestions, so mine are on all the time unless I'm out of town.
Leaving a tube amp on all the time/or my CAT pre w/10 of them glowing suckers wouldn't make much sense; except to the electric co, and the guy who sells me the tubes.Best advice for SS: Get the best timer device you can find,set it to come on a couple of hrs. before you come home.
Avguygeorge....I dunno about that man. I can't imagine running my several hundred dollar power conditioner which is running my several thousand dollar amp which is using mega hundred dollar cables through a AC wall timer. I could be wrong..but I think it would have undesirable sonic affects.
just my thought on the subject!!! i'd get rid of the timer all together---put in a good power block(spike/storm protection) and leave the gear on all the time unless goin out for a week or so--my linn gear sounds just more nicer left on/more enjoyable and involved and warmer sounding. i turn my stuff off every once in a while to matain it (clean all contacts ect) and its off for a few hrs---well during the evening i can tell it gets better and better and better!! listening to discs i know very well(sonicly) check it ot man joolz
Yo-Mr. Mfgrep ; One could do the timer thing;then when you get ready to listen;unplug, and go to the wall.You could get a good timer,and listen for differences. You may find you have the same contact area as that of the breaker controlling the line.I sure wasn't referring to a $3.98 timer.