integrated tube amp for $1000.00 clams

men- A friend is looking for a good integrated amp to mate with his ruthlessly revealing (his desciption) Paradigm studio/ 100 for vinyl consumption. He is obviously looking for something warm and foregiving. thanks. mike
mwalsdor
Definitely in your friend's price range even brand new is a AMC CVT-3030 EL-34 Tubed Integrated Amplifier. Even has PHONO !!! List price is $1,000. Northampton Audio has a demo on their web site for $599.
passion audio i11, is $1100 and really it does a number on any up to double it's price. It completely embaressed my audio refinement complete. check out www.mutine.com, or talk to jamal at www.fideliav.com don't bother with jolida and that other cheap stuff. you will still need an outboard phono. this amp will scare you.
Hmmmmm... Well I think some of the logic is faulty, since I do not find the Paradigm studio/ 100 to be revealing at all. What good electronics reveal to me about that speaker is how poor a transducer it is. So, I'd recommend finding better speakers and matching the electronics to it. The best suggestion other than that is to go search prior thread where integrateds were discussed. As a scientist, I find Kitch29's post quite funny!
Antique Sound Lab is an interesting possibility. Chinese made, they offer 4 amps between $600 and $1100, and on up to $3000. Check divertech.com, which distributes several pretty good products. I don't have experience with them, but saw/heard at a show. Audion (British) makes the ETSE, a 12 watt single-ended with one EL34 per channel, and a volume control. I have one, and it's really excellent. Single ended vitality, well extended, but slightly soft...Check ossaudio.com.