Best Integrated amp 'around' $1000???

I'm curious what people think the best integrated amp in the $1000 or so retail range is. It seems the short list is Linn Majik, AR Complete, AA Puccini, Roksan (Kandy/Caspian?), Sim I-5080, Maybe Jolida. Let me know what I'm missing and what your experiences in this $$ range have been. Thanks.
mailman199
I needed a int. unit for a two channel home theater set-up that did not take up a lot of room. Listened to Classe (CAP-100), Sim 5080 and Rotel unit and was not happy with any of these. A Audiogon dealer suggested I hunt for a used Forseti unit. The unit retails for roughly $1,700 but I got mine for $725 for a 15 month old piece. Great sounding (firm base and sweet midrange) unit that is rated at 110 W@ 8 ohm and 160 W @ 4 ohm. Stewart at Sant. of Sound was right and the unit drives the heck out of my 6 ohm speakers. Note: it needs some space as it is class A/AB and can get hot. Check one out if you get the chance. It is not perfect but it is musical and looks like an expensive unit with bright stainless steel and gold trim.
While I've heard almost every piece mentioned above and agree they are all credible choices, would you believe a 20 year old Luxman L 450 will cleanly take them all out? Believe it. That vintage of Luxman was simply unmatched. Just a thought if you run across one.
i thought my linn kairn preamp was really nice - unbelievably detailed & accurate, great soundstage width & height, but little depth. so, i went for a tubed preamp. still, i think their integrated is good sound for money - all the linn stuff has a similar clarity to their sound. *but*, i'd also check out electrocompaniet - much more depth than the linn stuff; still accurate & detailed. the only reason i stopped using my old electrocompaniet ec-1a preamp a few years ago, was that i wanted remote-control. i *still* use a pair of their amps, bi-amping my monitors... their recent integrated amps offer remote-control, & can be found used for ~$1k... doug ps - also mite wanna check out the pathos classic one - a hybrid integrated: ss amp/tube pre; retails for $2k, seen used for ~$1-$1.3k, remote-control, drop-dead georgeous. never heard on myself, but it'd be on my short-list if i were in the market, due to its reviews & looks! also, alchemist electronics are really sweet-sounding solid-state, & cool-looking...
British are very hard to beat in this market, top units for your price are Musical Fidelity A3 and Mission Cyrus 7..... if you want Linn go for Kollector/LK85 combo for more money but big step up from Majik. Audio Refinement is good unit, would not even consider AA Pucini. LFD Mistral is good but a class below the MF and Cyrus.